- How do I apply for a place on the IBTM World Hosted Buyer Programme?
- What information do I need to provide with my application?
- What are the qualifying criteria?
- What happens if I have started my application and want to complete it at a later stage?
- What do I do if I need to amend my application?
- What is included in the Hosted Buyer Programme?
- What is not included in the Hosted Buyer Programme?
- Do I have to attend the show for three days on the hosted buyer programme?
- What are the various Attendance Types?
- What do I do if my company does not allow me to receive complimentary travel and accommodation?
- What am I committed to do as a Hosted Buyer?
- What happens if my port is not available on the registration form?
- Why do you need my Credit Card details?
- When can I expect to hear the outcome of my application?
- What do I do if I have been unsuccessful in my application or if don’t receive an invitation?
- How do I get my visa support letter?
- Do I need to be invited by a Group Coordinator?
- What is a Pre-Scheduled Appointment (PSA) and how are my appointments made?
- How do I select my Pre-Scheduled Appointments and Destination Presentations in advance?
- What if a Destination Presentation I want to attend is not available to me?
- What if I miss an appointment?
- How do I view/print my diary of appointments at IBTM World?
- How do I change my appointment once it has been confirmed?
- What do I do if my pre-scheduled appointment is clashing with my flights?
- How can I make additional appointments with exhibitors?
- What information do you find in the Hosted Buyer Zone?
- Can I amend anything in the Hosted Buyer Zone?
- Is Wi-Fi available at IBTM World?
- How do I apply to attend a post event tour?
- What should I do if I need to change my travel and/or accommodation arrangements?
- When will I receive my flight tickets?
- Who should I contact if I need to cancel my attendance?
- Are there cancellation or no show fees?
- How do I pay for the cancellation fee?
- What do I need to take to the show?
- When will I receive my event entry badge?
- What happens if I do not receive my event entry badge before the show??
- How do I print a copy of my 5 Euro credit card receipt?
- Can I substitute a colleague from my organisation as I can no longer attend?
- Where can I view the exhibitor list?
- How do I give a testimonial?
- Do I have to attend all the networking functions as a Hosted Buyer?
- Who do I contact if I have any queries with my application?
- Who do I contact if I have any problems or queries in the run up to the show?
- How do I contact Hosted Buyer team once they are at the event?
- Who do I contact if I need to amend my travel arrangements or confirm my airport transfer whilst at the show?
- How are you keeping me safe at IBTM World?
- Have I registered for the event by completing the Register your interest form?
Hosted Buyer FAQs
1. How do I apply for a place on the IBTM World Hosted Buyer Programme?
- Submit your interest in attending as Hosted Buyer here https://www.ibtmworld.com/en-gb/forms/hosted-buyer-register-interest.html If you meet the criteria to be hosted, the Buyer Team will send you an invitation to register.
- Alternatively, you may receive an invite from IBTM World or one of the many Group Coordinators working with us to join the hosted buyer programme as a guest in a Hosted Buyer group. If so, you will receive a link to register and their specific group code.
- The completed registration will be assessed against the IBTM World qualification criteria (please see below).
2. What information do I need to provide with my application?
Please complete the Hosted Buyer registration form fully, as this will influence the outcome of your application. You will be asked to submit:
- Details of your company and your role within the Meetings and Events industry
- You might be asked to show evidence that you actively purchase Meetings and Events services on a regular basis by providing 3 booking references from Meetings and Events Suppliers.
- Credit card information (for a 5 EUR registration fee)
- Passport Information (if you require IBTM World to book your travel)
3. What are the qualifying criteria?
To be accepted as a Hosted Buyer, you are required to fulfil the qualifying criteria set by IBTM World.
All buyers MUST fall into one of the following categories and are responsible for organising meetings, conferences, incentives and events outside of their own country (i.e. outbound), and/or business travel:
- Association executives/meeting planners whose organisations have already established an ongoing international meeting track record and have substantial business to place for 2021 or later.
- Association Management Company executives/meeting planners whose clients have already established an ongoing international meeting track record and have substantial business to place from those clients for 2021 or later.
- Corporate meeting planners whose organisations have already initiated and run their own stand-alone international meetings and/or incentive travel programs and have several substantial overseas events in 2021 or later.
- Incentive Travel House executives/planners whose clients select international destinations for their incentive travel award programs and have a significant number planned for 2020 or later.
- Professional Conference Organisers/Independent meeting/third party planners who have clients who have confirmed their intention to use the services of the planner to help determine an overseas site or venue for a 2021 or later meeting/conference.
4. What happens if I have started my application and want to complete it at a later stage?
When you start your Hosted Buyer application you will be asked to create a new username and password. The information you submit is saved as you move through the application. The username and password you created will allow you to go back to your application if you leave the application before submitting it.
To return at a later stage to the page, click on the personalised link which you can find in our email reminders (please have your username and password to hand).
5. What do I do if I need to amend my application?
Once you have submitted the application form, you will not be able to go back to amend the information. Should you need to amend anything, please email the Hosted Buyer team with the details at email@example.com
6. What is included in the Hosted Buyer Programme?
- Return economy flights from selected airports
- Accommodation (room only) in a 4/5* hotel
- Transfers in Barcelona between the airport, official hotels, IBTM World (Fira Gran Via) and Hosted Buyer networking functions
- Admission to IBTM World official networking events
- Exclusive access to Hosted Buyer lounges with complimentary lunch, refreshments and Wi-Fi
- Pre-Scheduled Appointments and Destination Presentations with exhibitors of your choice
- Online diary facility for scheduling additional meetings
- Access to our bespoke knowledge programme
The Community Hub will allow you to:
- See over 1600 destinations and suppliers
- Contact suppliers and industry peers via the messaging functionality
- Set up and partake in video conferencing meetings
- Attend exclusive content tailored to your needs
- Earn accreditation points
7. What is not included in the Hosted Buyer Programme?
- Travel insurance
- Private transfers
- All food and beverage (lunch is served in the Hosted Buyer lounges)
- Flight upgrades
- Hotel upgrades
- Additional nights’ accommodation
- Personal extras
- Visa arrangements
8. Do I have to attend the show for three days on the hosted buyer programme?
All Hosted Buyers will be part of the IBTM hybrid experience which will entail 3 days of meetings in Barcelona followed by meetings and networking online on the IBTM Community Hub.
If we are unable to book your travel to Barcelona due to government travel restrictions, we will update your attendance to online only (14th-15th December).
9. What are the various Attendance Types?
IBTM World offers flexible attendance options based on your specific needs. When you apply to be a Hosted Buyer, you can select your preference to attend as a Fully Hosted Buyer, a Semi Hosted Buyer or an Appointment-Only Buyer.
- Fully Hosted Buyer: IBTM World will book and pay for your travel and accommodation
- Semi Hosted Buyer: IBTM World will provide accommodation only. You will be responsible for booking and paying your own travel.
- Appointment-only: Please note that you are responsible to book and pay your own travel and accommodation. IBTM World will not be reimbursing this.
10. What do I do if my company does not allow me to receive complimentary travel and accommodation?
Apply as an Appointment–only buyer and book and pay for your own travel and accommodation. This way you can still benefit from the advantages of being a Hosted Buyer.
Please email the Hosted Buyer team to receive further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. What am I committed to do as a Hosted Buyer?
Qualified Hosted Buyers are committed to attend the following:
- A minimum of 10 Pre-Scheduled Appointments (PSAs) with Exhibitors per day of attendance at IBTM World
12. What happens if my airport is not available on the registration form?
In the travel section of the application form, please select the 'alternative airport' option and then enter the 3 letter airport code of the airport you wish to travel from.
13. Why do you need my Credit Card details?
All applicants for the IBTM World Hosted Buyer Programme are required to supply valid credit card details as part of the application. IBTM World also require a small fee (5 Euros) to validate your credit card, a receipt for this amount will be provided. This fee is non-refundable. Should cancellation and No Show charges apply, they will be debited from the credit card details you supply here. No other charges for cancellation, travel changes or no show will be made against a valid credit card without prior notification.
14. When can I expect to hear the outcome of my application?
We endeavour to get back to applicants within 5 working days of their application having been submitted. However, this is subject to the amount of applications received at the time. Please note: it is essential you complete the application form fully to speed up the process and avoid further delays.
15. What do I do if I have been unsuccessful in my application or if don’t receive an invitation?
You can register to attend IBTM World as a Trade Visitor. Please note, that flights and accommodation will not be covered when attending in this capacity.
16. How do I get my visa support letter?
The invitation and hotel confirmation letter for visa purposes are available on the Travel page of the Hosted Buyer Zone (for approved Hosted Buyers ONLY).
17. Do I need to be invited by a Group Coordinator?
No. Hosted Buyers can attend IBTM World as part of a group or directly with IBTM World. If you have previously attended as part of a group and have not received an invitation from a Group Coordinator, please submit your interest here: https://www.ibtmworld.com/en-gb/forms/hosted-buyer-register-interest.html
18. What is a Pre-Scheduled Appointment (PSA) and how are my appointments made?
A Pre-Scheduled Appointment is a 20 minute one to one appointment between a buyer and an exhibitor on the show floor. Each buyer must select a minimum of 15 exhibitors (per day of attendance) they would like to see and select these as Appointment Preferences. A buyer can then rank these in order of their preference. Approximately 4 weeks prior to IBTM World, our system will match a maximum of 10 of your preferences per day of attendance with exhibitor availability. Your matched and confirmed appointments will then be shown in your Hosted Buyer Zone.
19. How do I select my Pre-Scheduled Appointments and Destination Presentations in advance?
Once logged into the Hosted Buyer Zone, click the red 'Appointments' tab on the right hand side of the page, and there is a 'Walk Me' tool that will take you through how to make your preferences. Select exhibitors of interest to you from the list. You can search alphabetically by the exhibitor name, product or by country.
The same process applies for Destination Presentations. Destination Presentations provide the opportunity to learn more about a country, region or city and the services available. We would recommend you select one Destination Presentation. There will be limited places available so best to book early.
You will be notified by email when preference selections are open.
20. What if a Destination Presentation I want to attend is not available to me?
This may mean that the destination presentation spaces have been filled. Please select another destination presentation you would be interested in attending. You may contact the exhibitor directly via the online appointment system to arrange a meeting with them on their stand if the destination presentation is no longer available.
21. What if I miss an appointment?
Please visit the exhibitor at the earliest opportunity to arrange another time for the appointment so that they do not report you as a missed appointment. Please also pass by the Hosted Buyer Service Desk to inform the ibtm team that you have re-scheduled the appointment. A 100EUR fee might be charged for each missed appointment which has not been re-scheduled.
22. How do I view/print my diary of appointments at IBTM World?
Log in to the Hosted Buyer Zone with your unique username and password to view/ print your full itinerary from the Appointments page. This will include your travel details and your personal appointment diary. On the show floor, these will be available to view in the IBTM World app.
23. How do I change my appointment once it has been confirmed?
Appointments are matched through the online system according to the preferences you have selected; you will not be able to change the appointment.
Please email the Hosted Buyer team at email@example.com if you wish to make any changes.
24. What do I do if my pre-scheduled appointment is clashing with my flights?
Our online system takes into consideration the flight landing times and departure times and will start allocating appointments 2 hrs after you land and before you depart.
Should a flight clash with your appointment, please contact the Hosted Buyer team at firstname.lastname@example.org
25. How can I make additional appointments with exhibitors?
Log in to the Hosted Buyer Zone with your unique username and password, and select “Make additional appointments”.
26. What information do you find in the Hosted Buyer Zone?
The zone is personalised for each buyer and is accessed via your username and unique password. The Hosted Buyer Zone gives you the tools to:
- Select the exhibitors you would like an appointment with
- Make additional appointments
- Book your Destination Presentations (limited places available)
- Keep up to date on what is going on during IBTM World
- View your travel and accommodation, as soon as it is finalised
- Access visa and transfer information
- Print your credit card validation receipt
- Information about IBTM World, the online community hub
27. Can I amend anything in the Hosted Buyer Zone?
No, the Hosted Buyer Zone is where information is available to you and where you select pre-scheduled appointments. Should you need to amend anything, please contact the Hosted Buyer team by email email@example.com
28. Is Wi-Fi available at IBTM World?
Yes, free Wi-Fi is available on the show floor.
29. How do I apply to attend a post event tour?
Unfortunately, there are no official post events taking place this year.
30. What should I do if I need to change my travel and/or accommodation arrangements?
For travel arrangements, please login to the Hosted Buyer Zone, and in the Travel Section, there is a 'Request travel change' tab on the right hand side. Click on this and your request will be sent directly to our travel team. For any other queries please contact our travel team directly at Ibtmworldfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: changes to flights or accommodation are subject to availability and buyers would be responsible for any costs incurred.
31. When will I receive my flight tickets?
For the majority of flights, E-tickets will be issued by e-mail approximately two weeks prior to the show as part of your itinerary document. Please be aware, the E-Ticket reference is often called a “LOCATOR”. On arrival at the airport present your passport/Photo ID (as appropriate) and E-ticket reference at check-in.
Please note: if you are travelling on a charter flight, you do not need an E-ticket. Please print your flight confirmation and check in at the airport.
If you are flying on Ryanair, please check in online using your booking reference and this email address; email@example.com to avoid charges at the airport.
32. Who should I contact if I need to cancel my attendance?
You must cancel your attendance at IBTM World in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This will not be effective until you have received a written acknowledgment from IBTM World. Please refer to the below regarding applicable cancellation fees.
33. Are there cancellation or no show fees?
Yes, please see our Terms and Conditions
34. How do I pay for the cancellation fee?
Charges will be debited from the credit card details provided at registration.
35. What do I need to take to the show?
Please make sure that you have a copy of your e-ticket or your travel documents and your acceptance confirmation as a Hosted Buyer. You should print your E-badge and diary before travelling. Additionally consider downloading the event app where you will be able to view all your conference sessions and appointments.
36. When will I receive my event entry badge?
An email will be sent to you approximately one week prior to IBTM World including your e-badge.
37. What happens if I do not receive my event entry badge before the show?
If your badge does not arrive before you travel, please print your Hosted Buyer confirmation and go to the help desk on arrival and collect a replacement badge.
38. How do I print a copy of my 5 Euro credit card receipt?
Log in to the Hosted Buyer Zone with your unique username and password, and click “Print your registration fee receipt” under “Profile”. You can also print your receipt from the Home page, once this is live.
39. Can I substitute a colleague from my organisation as I can no longer attend?
Yes, please note that your colleague must meet our qualification criteria. If we have already booked your flights fees might apply. Please send the following details to email@example.com so that we can process the replacement as soon as possible.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Your colleague will need to complete a new registration form via the personalised link we will send.
40. Where can I view the exhibitor list?
The exhibitor list can be viewed on the IBTM World website under the section Exhibitor Directory.
41. How do I give a testimonial?
You can submit your testimonial by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or when onsite please come to the Hosted Buyer Service Desk or the media centre where a member of the team will be happy to help you.
42. Do I have to attend all the networking functions as a Hosted Buyer?
Attendance at the networking functions is optional.
43. Who do I contact if I have any queries with my application?
Please get in touch with the Hosted Buyer team; email@example.com
44. Who do I contact if I have any problems or queries in the run up to the show?
If you are travelling as part of a group, you should contact the Group Coordinator who has invited you. If you are travelling as an individual, then please contact the Hosted Buyer team at firstname.lastname@example.org
45. How do I contact Hosted Buyer team once they are at the event?
During show times, please visit the Hosted Buyer Service Desk where we will be happy to help you
46. Who do I contact if I need to amend my travel arrangements or confirm my airport transfer whilst at the show?
Please come to the Hosted Buyer Service Desk where our travel team will be happy to assist you.
If you have any questions which are not answered by the FAQs above, please contact the Hosted Buyer team at email@example.com
47. How are you keeping me safe at IBTM World?
Please check out our safety page here https://www.ibtmworld.com/en-gb/help/safety.html
48. Have I registered for the event by completing the Register your interest form?
No. This is simply submitting your interest in the Hosted Buyer Programme. IBTM Hosted Buyer Programmes are invitation only and the Hosted Buyer team will be in contact to discuss attendance options.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Most of the common FAQs are listed above, however, if you can't find the answer you are looking for, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be happy to help.