Passport & visa (FR vers)

  • Passport and Visa

    ibtm world is held in Barcelona, Spain. If you are travelling from outside of the European Union you may require a visa to get into Spain, which could take some time.

  • Do you need a visa?

    Spain is one of the 15 countries which signed the Schengen agreement and nationals from the United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, Australia, Israel and the United States can remain in Spain as tourists for 90 days without a visa. You can obtain further information at the Spanish embassies and consulates in your country of residence or at the Consulates in Barcelona.

    Find out more

  • Applying for a visa letter

    Letters of Invitation from ibtm world are only available to Hosted Buyers and Exhibitors. To request a letter of invitation please log into the Hosted Buyer Zone or Exhibitor Portal and complete the badging process to gain access to the visa section. ibtm world does not issue Letters of Invitation for our trade visitors. To request a visa you must apply to the Spanish embassy of your country, with documentation to show that you work in the travel industry and will be attending ibtm world as a Hosted Buyer. Visas will not be issued unless required documentation is provided.

    Apply for your visa online

Host Event Partners

Industry Partners


We use cookies to operate this website and to improve its usability. Full details of what cookies are, why we use them and how you can manage them can be found by reading our Privacy & Cookies page. Please note that by using this site you are consenting to the use of cookies.